Monday, August 15, 2011

I Know You, Portland

Although I was taught never to look at my hands while I'm playing music because "real musicians play by feel, not by sight" (<--- something my piano teacher would say to me as she cover my hands with sheet music so I couldn't peek), I admit, while playing bass I have to watch it a bit. But on Thursday at the Knife Shop, I couldn't take my eyes off the dancing and singing going on in the crowd! Honestly, it's been so long since that type of behavior has been exhibited in such abundance of form that I scarcely know what to do with myself when I see it going on!
All in all, it was a great time with local Portland bands Lubec and Secret Codes opening the show, much to our delight. So thank you Portland - I know you well, but sometimes forget how enthusiastic you can be. It's nice to be reminded from time to time.

Jen

Check it - Old Wars at the Knife Shop:

No comments:

Post a Comment